Sunday, August 12, 2012

Glory in weakness

So, its been awhile since I've blogged. Things have been kinda crazy busy around here and I've just had a hard time practicing the discipline of writing.


At church, we're going through a series called "When God..." Basically the concept is about how to deal with those many times in our lives when we feel that God is absent, uncooperative, or late. Today's message was particularly refreshing. Pastor Stanley talked about the thorn in Paul's flesh and God's "uncooperativeness" when he asked God to remove it.

Obviously, there's a lot surrounding Paul's thorn that we do not know. We know that God said no. We know that God said His grace is sufficient for Paul (and us). We know that God's power is made perfect in Paul's (and ours) weakness.


For some reason, today's reminder of this passage and it's truth really refreshed my heart. There's a lot going on right now in my life that causes me to feel like maybe God is being distant, uncooperative or late. I thought that this was super relevant to me and figured I'd share it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment