It's difficult to say goodbye...
Today was my last day as a resident of Portland, Oregon. It's so crazy to think that, at least for now, Portland won't be home. In the process of saying goodbye to friends, family, church, work, restaurants, furniture, time zone, buttes, grayness, and an all around beautiful state, I realized that a lot has happened in Portland worthy of being thankful for. So, I'll give you (my three followers- HA!) a glimpse of my soul as I reminisce from my journal.
God has brought so many good things into my life here in Oregon. I have learned so many things! I've learned about myself, God, the church, husbandry, parenting, friendship, disc golf, cable, motorcycles, woodworking, reading, singing with everything, sex, photography, tattoo pain, decorating, Call of Duty, Brand New, pain, depression, bitterness, finances, mountains, hiking, stress, responsibility, babies, childbirth, breastfeeding, in-laws, volleyball, the Bible, preaching, skateboarding, snowboarding, site-seeing, the Oregon Ducks, Red Robin, grilling chicken, trust, hope, grace, love, the incredibleness of completely white shoes, Macintosh, Ramsey's cash method, the importance of keeping a journal, and many many other things.
I came to Portland much different than I'm leaving.
I have come to know and love so many people here in Portland. I am so blessed and humbled by the privilege of meeting and living near these people. I am sad to leave but happy that we're moving forward.
What is life other than a series of settings, faces, jobs, homes, churches, and relationships? We come, we go-that's life. My prayer is that as I go I may remember where I've been, who I've loved, and what I've learned along the way-I'm coming; prepare the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment